The summer months are approaching in South Carolina and if you’ve ever spent any time in the Palmetto State – either on vacation, extended stay, or living here – you know that means many beach days are approaching.
Beach days and South Carolina’s famously hot weather go hand-in-hand, so, this likely means you’ll be spending some time on your favorite South Carolina beach this summer. From the Isle of Palms (the most aptly named beach in South Carolina) to Folly Beach or Myrtle Beach, there will be no shortage of tourists and locals alike soaking up the sun and taking a dip in the Atlantic Ocean.
Luckily for you, we’ve anticipated this and know that you’ll need something to do in your beach chair. So, we’ve prepared a “2019 Beach Book List” so that you’ve got some options for your sunny day read.
Here’s a list of our favorites:
- Where The Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Rum Diary by Hunter Thompson
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- The Salt House by Lisa Duffy
If You’re A History Fan:
- The Devil In The White City by Erik Larson
- Charleston! Charleston! by Walter J Frasier
- The Palmetto State by Jack Bass
If You’re Crazy and Like Politics:
- Hillbilly Elegy by JD Vance (this book actually comes recommended by former South Carolina Governor and Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley)
- Operation Lost Trust (South Carolina politics) by John Crangle
Self Improvement (You Can Do It!):
- 12 Rules for Life by Jordan Peterson
- Your Money or Your Life by Vicki Robin
- Myth of Sisyphus by Albert Camus
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Guy Kiyosaki
Grab your beach chair, one of these books, and head to the beach for a day of sun and relaxation.